April 19, 2009

Methods for Organzing Thread And Floss - What Works For You?

I have been looking for a way to truly organize my thread and floss in a manner that suits me. Currently, I use a pretty bad system. Any experienced cross stitch-er would probably knock me over the head with a Q-Snap if they saw it.

For the last few years that I have been genuinely addicted to cross stitching, I have been opposed to the whole baggie system. I have not been able to find a way to organize the baggies that I liked and that was visually pleasing. I also am not a fan of bobbins or StitchBows, once again for the visual effect.

Finally, I though about looking outside the realm of normal ways to organize thread and floss. I think I may have found a way that will be easiest for me to organize thread and be okay with displaying it in my living room or anywhere I decide to hang it!


Deflect-o® Tilt Bin™ Multipurpose Storage and Organization
6-Bin System from Staples.com


This 6-Bin System can be hung on a wall or stacked on a crafting table, desk, or floor. It can be quite expensive considering I have just over 100 different colors that need organized and other crafters have many more. They are currently $16. I figure I could get by with 3 or 4 of these. That is 24 bins. I would not mind sorting each thread color into a baggie and then placing it in here. It would look fine. I am thinking I could organize by thread number (100's and 200's in one drawer, 3100's and 3200's in another, etc.).

The drawers do slide out if necessary, but they also tilt out; my favorite feature!

I think I will be trying this system out as soon as I can get the money for it.

How do you keep your thread and floss organized? Have you found a non-conventional way that works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment