April 20, 2009

Jen's W.I.P. - Tales of Wonder

Currently, I am working on a small project called Tales of Wonder.





























Completed example of Tales of Wonder.


I am not doing it exactly like this, however. My version has the castle, the poem, and the dragon, but not the lines in between each couple of lines of poem. I am doing it in 14-count Aida. The pattern is meant to be done in CARON Waterlilies and Wildflowers floss, but I do not have any nor do I have a place I could quickly run to and get some. I have chosen, from my own collection of DFN and a few DMC threads, replacement threads.

Replacement Threads (Brand - DFN unless otherwise noted):
  • For Castle - 710, 755
  • For Trees - 503 (DMC)
  • Poem - 222
  • Dragon - 445 (DMC), 503 (DMC), 3731 (DMC)
  • Backstitching - 580
When choosing replacements, I did not realize this at the time, I chose colors that now make my castle look like Cinderella's Castle. It was a accident, I swear!




















Cinderella's Castle


I, so far, have the castle (minus the windows and backstitching) and one tree completed. I plan on doing some more work on it today.















As you can see, I made a rookie mistake with the door to the castle. It was too late by the time I noticed and I was not going to start over. The whole door should be just one stitch to the left. Oh well. I just extended the left lower wall of the castle out one stitch and all is well enough.

See ya!
~Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. OMG thankyou! I never knew that Tales of Wonder existed until I read your blog! Gorgeous piece and I am looking forward to seeing your version :)

    ReplyDelete